Document Management Can Significantly Reduce Printing Costs
For the average business printing costs are often looked on as a necessary evil. The truth is that they really don’t have to be as bad as you think. There is technology available today that can revolutionize the way that you manage your company’s files. More than that, you can significantly reduce your reliance on the technology that has a mind of its own, the printer.
Most of the time business owners are shocked when they find out how much money they actually spend per year on printing costs. Ink/Toner, paper, and, of course, time, makes printing—and to a lesser extent filing—a costly endeavor. Let’s look at some reported costs:
- 5,000,000 sheets of paper are used every year by companies. That’s an immense amount when you consider that the data on those millions of sheets of paper can fit in a $100 two terabyte hard drive.
- The annual costs of printing and filing paper documents can cost an organization an average of $140,000 in staff and printing. That’s a lot, especially when you consider that that same data can be stored for about $1,000 a year in the cloud.
- Studies show that it costs nearly $20 in labor to file a single paper document, while retrieving a document costs nearly six times that.
- While storing files in-house and in file cabinets has been effective, it’s also expensive. The more you can move paper files offsite, the less you will cost to store them.
- A disaster can easily destroy physical files. With document management, your files are backed up and available 24 hours a day on nearly any device.
If you are looking for a solution to eliminate printing costs or simply the unsightly metal file cabinets in your office, consider a cloud-based document management solution. To learn more about document management and how to go about reducing your printing costs, call CASS Tech at (248) 538-7374 today.